PRAAN JAAYE PAR SHAAN NA JAAYE

141min,35mm,1:2.35 aspect ratio,Dolby Digital,Colour,Hindi.2003.INDIA.IMDb

My Photo
Name:
Location: bombay, India

Son of a soldier, I was born in Sultanganj in Bhagalpur district, Bihar. My childhood days were spent in an earthy rural life. I was deeply inspired by the rich folk culture of Buddha’s own land, Bihar. Right from the beginning, I Grew up with real images of Melas, Ramleelas, Bahuripiyas, incredible rituals, strong religious milieu and the vibrant Mithila Art. Natural calamities like flood and drought gifted unforgettable images. Changing seasons of rural life on the bank of river Ganga matured into a sense of poetry and language. Wonder years passed chasing steam trains that passed through the fields of my native village. Listening to radio programs made for defense personals was my only window to the outside world. With such a treasure of inspirational experiences a story teller evolved. I am a practicing film maker in Bombay today.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

happy new year to all blogger friends
cheers
jhaji.

5 Comments:

Blogger Anjali Kaur said...

Hi Sanjay,

Finally had a moment to watch your film Praan Jaye Par Shaan Na Jaye.
I loved it. This is truly a wonderful film. Wished it had gotten more attention.

3:15 PM  
Blogger ilaxi patel said...

Hi Sanjay, Thanks for visiting my blog. In fact, I cldn't locate ur mail id...

cheers!

- ilaxi

4:53 AM  
Blogger sanjay jha said...

Nameste Anju
I am glad to know that you liked my film,thank you for dropping in and it would be nice if you can write in litle detail about your views or if you can review the film, I would get to learn and know more,warm regards
cheers
jhaji.

8:21 AM  
Blogger sanjay jha said...

Nameste Ilaxi
Thank you for dropping in.Have sent you an invite to join my network on Linked-In ,and hope you can link me on your blog too.
Happy bolly-blogging
cheers
jhaji.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have seen your movie hundreds of times, its fun. The plot and direction was just wonderful. I particularly liked the "Common man" who comes in the end; the dramatized "Sati" episode; and fillers by the tapori's in chawl. And yes, the blackie and the guest appearance of Mahesh Manjarekar.

It appears you did not get very good response for your movie. May be today's commercial cinema can't run without superstar Khan's or glamorous girls of bollywood. And But this will remain a great movie for me. Not because its made by a Jhajee, actually I realized that much later. :)

Looking forward for more of your movies

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home